Homemade fresh fruit tart with a mix of your favourite fruits layered over creamy cheesecake filling with a buttery cookie crust!
CHEESECAKE TART WITH FRUITS
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|1 hr||40 mins||1hr 40 mins|
|Serves 8-10 slices|
Tart shell (no weight needed):
- 200g plain flour
- 50g icing sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 170g butter (cold and diced)
- 115g cream cheese (full fat)
- 160ml cream
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange/lemon/lime zest (optional)
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 170g fresh fruits of your choice (berries/peaches/kiwi)
Tart shell (no weight needed)
- In a bowl, sieve in flour, icing sugar and salt.
- Add in the chunks of butter and use your finger tip to break the butter apart into smaller pieces and toss with the flour mixture till it reaches a crumbly stage.
- Pour the crumbly dough into the tart pan and use your hand to press evenly and shape the dough till it fills the shape of the pan like a crust. (remember to press into a tart shape “U” style so that you have space to pour your cheesecake filling in the middle later)
- Use a fork and make a few pokes on the surface of the base of the shell.
- Cover the tart with cling wrap and freeze for 15-30 minutes for the shell to harden.
- Bake at 220°c / 428°f for 10-12 minutes or till light golden brown. (we will be baking a 2nd time later with the filling so remember to not bake fully right now)
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing the shell from the pan.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and salt in a food processor till combined.
- Add vanilla extract, zest and eggs into the food processor and continue to blend.
- Add in the cream and blend till mixture is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry crust. (make sure your crust has been cooled down before pouring the mixture in)
- Add the fruits and decorate it in any pattern that you like. (You can choose to add the fruits before baking for it to be combined with the cheesecake. Or you can add the fruits after baking if you like to eat fresh fruits on your tarts instead. Alternatively you may mix half before and half after)
- Bake 200°c / 392°f for 25-35 minutes or till nice golden brown.
- Check to see if it’s ready. Shake the tart pan gently, if it jiggles slightly like a pudding means it is done. If it is too liquid, you should bake a little longer but keep as eye out.
- Let that tart cool for 20-30 minutes for the custard to set before cutting.
- (optional) Sieve powdered sugar on top, put the tart back in the oven till slightly golden.