Moist, sweet, nutty and has a soft crumb. Love the smell of freshly baked banana bread, spread some cream cheese for a great pairing during tea time!
BANANA BREAD RECIPE
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||40 mins||55 mins|
|Serves 10 slices|
- 250g all purpose flour (unsifted)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 113g butter (room temperature)
- 200g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50-100g chopped nuts (walnuts recommended)
- Loaf pan 9″ x 5″
You will need 3 medium mixing bowl
Combine and whisk flour, salt, baking soda and set this bowl aside.
Add sugar and butter
Cream together with an electric mixer till it looks fluffy.
Add in the eggs slowly and continue to mix with the electric mixer.
Mash the bananas
Add in milk and vanilla extract
- Add in a little at a time, 1st bowl(flour mix) & 3rd bowl(bananas) all into the 2nd bowl(egg mix).
- Repeat step until all is combine fully in the 2nd bowl.
- Add in chopped nuts and fold into the batter. (Do not stir as the air in the batter will be lost)
- Greese loaf pan and pour in batter.
- Bake at 175°c for 1hr-1hr 20minutes)
- Cool down for 10 minutes before taking it out from the pan. Cut into slices and serve!