Spicy, sweet, salty, hot comforting stir-fried noodle dish. I love the blend of flavours in this recipe and that everything is in one wok to cook, simple to make and you’re food is hot and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes!
MEE GORENG (SPICY FRIED NOODLE, INDO)
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
Sauce: Add everything into a bowl
- 1 tbsp Kechap mani
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce/ 1 big fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (add more for extra spicy)
- 1 tsp Belachan
- 300g fresh yellow noodles
- 100g chicken (diced/sliced)
- 100g vegetabes
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 3 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 slices ginger (chopped)
- Ikan bilis/dried shrimp (just a few pieces only)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Blanch the yellow noodle in boiling hot water to loosen it apart and set aside first.
- Heat up a wok with some 2 tbsp oil, fry garlic and ginger.
- Add in ikan bilis/dried shrimp.
- Add in the meat and fry for 2-5 minutes.
- Add red onions and vegetables and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the noodles and fry for a few minutes to loosen it, then pour the sauce mixture.
- Use your spatula to push the noodles to one side of the wok, if needed add 1 tbsp of oil to the empty side and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Fry till the eggs are 80% cooked before tossing together with the noodles in the same wok.
Comments are closed.