Perfect blend of spicy, sweet and savoury all in one pan with a quick stir fry and you’re ready to go. Top it up with a sizzling fried egg for a traditional delicious combination!
THAT BASIL PORK/CHICKEN STIR-FRY
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||10 mins||25 mins|
- 8 chilli padi (pound)
- 1 fresh red chilli (pound)
- 5 garlic clove (mince)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 400g mince pork/chicken
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 200g long beans /any vegetable (sliced)
- 1 cup that basil (handful)
- CHILLI PASTE: Slice and pound chilli padi with fresh red chilli. Mix together with the mince garlic to form a chilli paste. You can pound the garlic cloves if you do not have minced garlic at home.
- SAUCE MIXTURE: In a separate bowl, mix water, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and set aside.
- Heat up a wok/frying pan with 2 tbsp oil, fry chilli paste for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the pork/chicken and stir-fry for another 5 minutes until nicely brown.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and mix for 1-2 minutes until all is combined.
- Next, add in vegetables and onions, stir-fry for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Off the heat and throw in a handful of thai basil. Toss until well combine and ready to serve.
- Fry a crispy sunny side up egg to top it together with your meal and enjoy.