Spicy fresh tomato sauce with chunks of mince meat in pasta. Love making this sauce cause it’s light and spicy, adds a twist to the classic tomato sauce spaghetti and meatballs.
- Handful parsley (1/2 cup)
- 2 Spring onion (1 cm)
- 3 Garlic clove (sliced)
- 3 Chilli padi (sliced)
- 3 Small tomato/ 2 medium (diced)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 500ml water
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
Mince meat prep:
- 400g mince meat (pork/beef/chicken)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Marinate mince meat with seasonings and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat up a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil, fry mince meat till 80% cooked then set aside in a bowl.
- In the same frying pan, fry the onions, chilli padi and garlic.
- Add in tomatoes, spring onion, mixed herbs.
- Pour in the water and add in sugar, let it boil.
- Once boiling, bring the fire down to simmer and add the meat back in and cook fully to 100%.
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta and cook the spaghetti for 8-12mins.
- Once cooked, plate the spaghetti and pour the mince meat tomato sauce over and serve hot.